More info about this blog

These stories are real, though some details may be fictionalized, to protect confidentiality and identities, but these are actual accounts of Qadishtu moments. Stories can be told from either the point of view of the priest or priestess or from the perspective of the client/seeker/supplicant. The point is - what do we actually DO? This blog seeks to help answer that through example. What we do is incredibly varied, depending on our individual experience, training, gifts, and inclinations, and that's why this is a group endeavor. We all have gems to contribute to the larger understanding of what it means to be Qadishtu and the significant need for this role in our society today.

Please be sure to see our Calendar of Sacred Sexuality & Qadishtu Events at the very bottom of this page!


Saturday, January 24, 2009

Qadishti Daily living

I was at work and she was outside on break. She was clearly upset and pre-occupied in her head with no awareness to anything around her. As i stood there I listened to the creek and watched the squirrels play, climbing up and down the trees. I look over to her a moment and she is still in her same pose.

I say to her, "Its so nice to have such beautiful scenery here at work for us to escape to from time to time during our work day" And i brought her focus to the babbling of the creek, the sound of the birds chirping/singing in the trees, the squirrels running and playing up and down the trees and then i said..."i just watch, listen, take a deep breath and just sink into all the wonder around me right now" I then inhaled deeply and exhaled and said "Ahh..."wonder".....its a beautiful thing and just melts the stress away"

I then turned around to walk back into the building and unknown to me, when i was inhaling and exhaling, she was doing it along with me. She stopped me before i entered the building and just simply said "Thank you." I smiled a gentle smile, put my hand out and shook her hand and introduced myself, she introduced her self and i held onto her hand for just a moment more, continued to smile a gentle smile and said, "Your welcome"

I walked back to my desk thinking what a wonderful moment that was and how i have had many of these types of moments in the last 5 years and then i realized thats it's Qadishti daily living. That even if i am not mentoring someone or even if we are not having a sacred touch ceremony that being a Qadishtu touches every part of my life, therefore touching others on a daily basis.

Namaste'
Amber

No comments: