More info about this blog

These stories are real, though some details may be fictionalized, to protect confidentiality and identities, but these are actual accounts of Qadishtu moments. Stories can be told from either the point of view of the priest or priestess or from the perspective of the client/seeker/supplicant. The point is - what do we actually DO? This blog seeks to help answer that through example. What we do is incredibly varied, depending on our individual experience, training, gifts, and inclinations, and that's why this is a group endeavor. We all have gems to contribute to the larger understanding of what it means to be Qadishtu and the significant need for this role in our society today.

Please be sure to see our Calendar of Sacred Sexuality & Qadishtu Events at the very bottom of this page!


Monday, August 11, 2008

Cyber-Qadishtu

While it's great to work with people in person, one-on-one, sometimes you can't do that, for various reasons.

I have a friend on the west coast who had lapband surgery about two years ago, and announced that she just passed the 100-lbs.-lost mark. She has long struggled with her weight, and the self-esteem of being a big person, and this is huge for her. A friend posted photos of an event, and there were a couple of pictures of my friend in there. I sent her the following email in response:

BTW, I was blown away when I saw the pictures of YOU! You look amazing! Your smile has always been so big, beautiful and captivating, but now it overwhelms...in a good way!

I hope you are feeling as good on the inside as you look on the outside, and that your sense of worthiness and self-love has increased as the pounds have dropped! Because, man oh man! You are just gorgeous!

She wrote me back, and told me I had made her cry.

I am hoping to do some hands-on work with her when I see her in a few weeks. She is a straight girl, so she doesn't need sex from me, but having the opportunity to nestle in the arms of the Divine Feminine has a way of making folks really notice you.

No comments: