More info about this blog

These stories are real, though some details may be fictionalized, to protect confidentiality and identities, but these are actual accounts of Qadishtu moments. Stories can be told from either the point of view of the priest or priestess or from the perspective of the client/seeker/supplicant. The point is - what do we actually DO? This blog seeks to help answer that through example. What we do is incredibly varied, depending on our individual experience, training, gifts, and inclinations, and that's why this is a group endeavor. We all have gems to contribute to the larger understanding of what it means to be Qadishtu and the significant need for this role in our society today.

Please be sure to see our Calendar of Sacred Sexuality & Qadishtu Events at the very bottom of this page!


Monday, August 11, 2008

A supplicant came to the door...

A Supplicant Came to the Door...

Inara de Luna
January 2006

Last night, a supplicant came to my door (prearranged) for a session with the Temple Priestess. He was feeling very sad because of problems in his marriage and was also in a lot of physical pain from a chronic issue. I greeted him at the door dressed in an attractive, though not overly revealing, lingerie gown of deep dark red. My hair was unbound and long down my back. When he came in, I smiled and hugged him and let him know how very glad I was that he was there. I took from his arms the socks and robe I'd instructed him to bring, his coat and his cell phone. I told him to make himself comfortable on the sofa, while I went and retrieved the tub of warm water I had prepared. I had him soak his feet, while I draped a warmed and herbally-scented neck pillow across his neck and shoulders. He relaxed to the sound of meditation music playing quietly in the background, blending with the sound of the fountain flowing behind his head, and the scent of sandalwood incense.

While he was relaxing, I was preparing our appetizers. I gently brought his attention to the cheeses, crackers, hummus and tomatoes I had set out beside him. While he began to nibble, I knelt on the floor and removed one foot from the soaking tub, laid it across my lap and gently dried it off. He began to talk and tell me of his day, which led naturally into the troubles he's having with his wife. I was massaging a refreshing minty lotion into his feet while he talked, and I gave him the gift of my full attention. This continued while I switched to the other foot. This time was for him to slough off all the mundanities of his life, to gently and gradually come to a place within himself where he could fully accept all the nurturing he would receive from me. As we rose from the sofa to go to the table, where I had our dinner waiting, we agreed that for the rest of the night, we would not focus on the outside world.

While we ate lasagna and bread, we continued to talk and share stories from our childhoods, laughing as we remembered some of the silly things we said and did. After eating, I asked him to make sure he had his offering and to wait a few minutes in silence, while I went into the inner sanctum of the Temple, to make sure all was prepared for the next phase of the evening. The candles on the altar were lit, the incense was wafting through the room, all the lights were turned off, and the curtain over the entryway was drawn closed. I returned to him, asked if he was ready, and led him to the entrance. I disappeared behind the veil, and waited for him to request entry. When he did, I asked if he was prepared to worship the Goddess and be true to his deepest nature. He answered in the affirmative and I welcomed him into the inner sanctum.

He knelt at my feet, laying his forehead against my belly, and his hands wrapped gently around my legs. He thanked me, and then I had him rise and follow me to the altar. I seated him in front of it, and directed him to make his offering to Aphrodite and to sit with her for a few minutes. If he was moved to share or ask anything of Her, I assured him that it was okay to do so, either out loud or silently. He made his offering and his prayer and meditated for several minutes. Finally, I came up behind him, naked now and fully invoked with the power of the Goddess. I laid my hands on the top of his head and breathed heat into his crown chakra, then my hands raked down either side of his head, pulling the last bits of worry and baggage off of him. I whispered to him about how I was removing his schedules, his to-do lists, his worries, his duties. I was flinging all of this stuff off my hands as I dragged it off of him. I told him how, when he left here, he could choose to pick any of it back up that he wished, but for this evening, it was all going to sit in the corner quietly, not bothering him. This evening and experience were all about him, completely for him, and not about his baggage and accoutrements.

I then grabbed a brush and started brushing out his long, luxurious brown hair. I brushed and brushed, until his hair shown, and a small smile of bliss was on his face. I slipped his robe off his shoulders and bid him rise and follow me to the bed. We laid upon the furry bedspread, his head resting on my shoulder, while my arms reached around and enveloped him in a warm, safe, nurturing embrace. Our naked bodies melded together and we breathed as one for a time. Eventually, I emerged from our embrace and turned him onto his stomach. I took some massage oil and rubbed it lovingly all over my own body, before lowering myself to rub the front of my body all over the back of his. He could feel my soft breasts, with their hard nipples, the soft tickliness of my hair, the strength and soft skin of my thighs. I leaned back then and thoroughly massaged the stress and knots out of his neck, his back, his hips and legs.

When I was finished, I laid my body atop the entire length of his, and again we breathed together for a few moments, sharing this space with no schedules, no obligations and no expectations. He was here to love and be loved, and that was it. So there was nothing hurried or impatient within either of us. Finally, I rolled him over and he sat up and gently pushed me back into the pillows, face up. He knelt between my legs and pushed them apart, and began to worship me languously and thoroughly. It was blissful! After a couple of peaks, which I offered up to the Goddess, I thanked him and we switched positions. I then worshipped him, in similar fashion, showing him that he was as filled with the divine as I was. After awhile, he experienced a huge peak and released his offering with a shout. I crawled up his body and this time allowed him to cradle me, while we each relaxed and caught our breath.

No comments: