More info about this blog

These stories are real, though some details may be fictionalized, to protect confidentiality and identities, but these are actual accounts of Qadishtu moments. Stories can be told from either the point of view of the priest or priestess or from the perspective of the client/seeker/supplicant. The point is - what do we actually DO? This blog seeks to help answer that through example. What we do is incredibly varied, depending on our individual experience, training, gifts, and inclinations, and that's why this is a group endeavor. We all have gems to contribute to the larger understanding of what it means to be Qadishtu and the significant need for this role in our society today.

Please be sure to see our Calendar of Sacred Sexuality & Qadishtu Events at the very bottom of this page!


Monday, February 16, 2009

Scarlet Sanctuary

During a recent alternative lifestyle event, I was priviledged to spend my Saturday evening serving others in the Scarlet Sanctuary hosted by the Path of the Qadishti group. On a few other occaisions I have done some one on one Qadishtu work within a BDSM setting. It is interesting how well the two work together. Although the energy is a little different with the activities going on around me, it doesn't seem to detract too much from the benefits received. For this round of the Scarlet Sanctuary, we had our own room and so the energy was not quite as chaotic as it has been in the past where we shared space with other dungeon activities.

I had several moments that were unique and special for me personally - but there was one particular thing that stood out to me.

Prior to this event, I have not had the opportunity to take a turn at the door welcoming seekers to the sanctuary - but this time I was blessed to be able to offer some help there. After I got through the routine questions, I would take a breath to center myself, blessed their foreheads with a symbol that taps into my inner Qadishtu (the snake), look them deeply and directly into the eyes and said "Welcome, you are loved." It was neat to have an opportunity to welcome seekers, but that isn't what stood out to me...what stood out was watching the reaction in their eyes at the simple statement - "welcome, you are loved." They would widen a bit in surprise, then soften with pleasure. No one looked away, they all met my gaze and acknowledged my greeting. In that moment I was fully connected with them. I can still see many of their faces and in particular the eyes and feel blessed with their presence.

I think the eyes have the theme for me this event - as it leads to my other strongest memory of the weekend which was simply seeing the look of bliss, relaxation and gratitude on the faces of those with whom I was priviledged to work on. I tried to be sure I was right there when their eyes opened, looking at them with the love I feel in my heart and doing my best to continue communicating that to them even after the session was over. One in particular deeply touched me - I can't even begin to describe the look that was in her (his - he was a cross dresser) eyes. She sought me out later to thank me again and to tell me that she would never forget my face - well, I have to say, I will never forget hers either.

And like I'm sure all of you experienced, getting random hugs throughout the remainder of the evening along with thanks you, reminded me that the experience stayed with our seekers long after their session was over.

There were several comments from the people waiting for their turn about how wonderful just sitting in the room felt. The peaceful and loving energy was palpable and it was generated by all of us who came together with a mutual purpose. Very cool stuff.

It was a pleasure to serve alongside my fellow Qadishti, and to feel the energetic presence of those of you who could not be with us in person.

In abundant love,
Karen

1 comment:

Always Learning said...

Thank you for sharing this. You put me in mind of our Karuna sessions at past festivals in Georgia. It's amazing how sacred simply greeting someone with love can be.