More info about this blog

These stories are real, though some details may be fictionalized, to protect confidentiality and identities, but these are actual accounts of Qadishtu moments. Stories can be told from either the point of view of the priest or priestess or from the perspective of the client/seeker/supplicant. The point is - what do we actually DO? This blog seeks to help answer that through example. What we do is incredibly varied, depending on our individual experience, training, gifts, and inclinations, and that's why this is a group endeavor. We all have gems to contribute to the larger understanding of what it means to be Qadishtu and the significant need for this role in our society today.

Please be sure to see our Calendar of Sacred Sexuality & Qadishtu Events at the very bottom of this page!


Friday, February 13, 2009

Qadishtu Lovin' on Freya's Day



Friday the 13th of February, 2009 – This is Freya’s sacred day of love and sexuality. I think it’s so magical that we have a Friday the 13th just before Valentine’s Day this year. On this sacred day, I celebrate my relationship with a Qadishtu ritual. Sometimes, Qadishti need some Qadishtu lovin’, too, and so I will be Qadishtu for my beloved, my Qadishtu partner and mentor, as he will be for me.

I am his Priestess. I welcome him into my sacred chamber and smudge him with the pungent, sensuous smoke of Sandalwood incense. I waft the smoke around his head, down the front of his body, across his arms, and then up the back of his body. As I finish, he turns back around and takes the incense from me, and smudges me in the same way. He is my Priest. The smoke purifies the space, cleanses our auras, and carries our prayers to the Divine.

I serve him tea from a clear teapot in which we can watch the blossoming of a flower tea ball, blessing us with its beauty and scent. We sip quietly, savoring the taste and warmth of the tea, and gaze into one another’s eyes, allowing our energies to gradually entwine and our bodily rhythms to match. We appreciate each other and convey our love to one another through this eye-gazing exercise.

As if on cue, we both set down our cups and stand. Still maintaining intimate eye contact, we slowly strip for one another, gradually revealing ourselves to the other, on multiple levels simultaneously. Our clothes fall to the ground in a roughly circular pattern, of their own accord creating our sacred circle. We then call the quarters:

I am his Goddess.

“With my breath,” I start, stepping into the circle of his arms and putting my mouth to his. I continue, “I bring you Air.” We begin the circular Breath of Fire, slowly increasing our speed, until our bodies begin to hum.

He is my God.

“With my passion,” he says, stepping in closer and gripping my hair at the base of my neck in just the way he knows that I like. “I bring you Fire,” he continues, and then plunges his tongue into my mouth, and I revel in the feel of our tongues dancing.

We are the Sacred Pair.

“With my juices,” I purr, staring deep into his eyes. I reach between my legs and coat my fingers, and finish: “I bring you Water.” I bring my moistened fingers up to his mouth and gently trace his lips. His tongue darts out to lap at my fingertips.

We are Divine.

“With my wood,” he growls, reaching down and gripping his fully erect lingam. He backs me into the edge of the bed, until I sit and then lay back, lifting and separating my legs in invitation. “I bring you Earth!” And I cry out as he enters me to the hilt in one smooth motion.

We are One.

We dance the intimate, sacred dance of the Goddess, reveling in the feel of each other’s skin, delighting in the sounds of joy and pleasure escaping each other’s throats, and pouring all of our love into this moment, wringing all the pleasure we possibly can from this sacred Gift. At the peak of my orgasm, I send a silent prayer to Freya, thanking her for bringing this man into my life, who has healed me, mentored me, partnered with me, loved me. It is through his love that I have blossomed into the Qadishtu priestess that I am, and I dedicate this to him.

Happy Valentine’s Day / Freya’s Day / Lovers’ Day. Happy Relationships Day – regardless of your partner status – this is a holiday to celebrate ALL your intimate relationships – including with yourself and with the Divine. May all the Goddess’ gifts of joy and pleasure and bliss be yours in abundance.

Lovingly,
Inara

1 comment:

David said...

The winter months are never cold or passionless for Qadishti. Because Chicago is rarely balmy in February Terra Incognita starts the month with fire-stoked Imbolc and then celebrates bacchanal Mardi Gras. We also enjoy the Festival of Lovin' in the middle. Beginning with Freya's Day today, and ending with Lupercalia Sunday, it's truly a wonderful time to honor relationships. Many blessings to you and your beloved Inara ... may Freya's ritual burn brightly!